Pages

Monday 16 November 2020

Kordells athletics

 Last Friday there was athletics there was Benghazi, Alamein,Tripoli and Tobruk. These are the four houses of our school and they are named after the streets surrounding the school. I am in Benghazi, and we had shot putt, high jump, long jump and discus. I came 1st at long jump and discus and came 3rd in high jump. My favourite one was discus because I have a really good arm and technique for it. This year I finally figured out how to get my timing right for taking off on long jump and that's why I did really good. In high jump I surprised myself because last year I didn't even attempt it because I was too short.

Morning tea time I went to the shop with Havea, Chance and Mr J. I bought a drink for Havea and I and a pie to give me energy. When Morning tea was finished we had races, I only did two races which were the 75m and the 100m. I came fourth in the 75m race  because it was a shorter distance and came second to last in the 100m because it was too long and my legs were already tired from the first race. Then it was time for lunch and we had a mean feed of sausages and ice blocks that skids were selling for $1 and the sausages were $2. Lunchtime felt super long and we were playing with the soft foam pads, pretending they were swords and shields, while we were playing one of the junior kids( Stanley’s little sister) accidently got caught in the middle and got hurt, we stopped to make sure she was alright and once she stopped crying and her brother came to comfort her, we carried on playing.

 After lunch there was time for the finals for running and also the parent and teachers race that everyone was looking forward to.

The mums raced first and Grace’s mum won the race and then the teachers raced. We all were waiting to see James to run but instead he piggybacked Mr Roy and Mr Roy pretended that he was on a race horse, everyone was laughing and we had a good day. I enjoyed Athletics this year because I got to have fun and eat heaps with all my mates.


No comments:

Post a Comment